Top news from around the region
When federal land agencies buy private land, they should offer the same amount of public lands back to the private sector, says the Montezuma County commission.
Noting that the county is 26 percent private...
The Great Outdoors Colorado Board announced Thursday it would award a $108,000 grant to the city of Cortez to build six pickleball courts in Centennial Park.
- Solar Barn Raising is a community effort in Montezuma County
- Colorado lawmakers recognize contributions of Ute tribes
- Rural broadband financing bill OK’d by Senate committee
- Cortez fire district’s risk rating improves
- Manaugh works to redesign school culture in Cortez
An army of biologists and environmentalists is descending on the Lower Dolores River to study the ecological benefits of a rare high-volume release from McPhee...
- Dolores River Brewery to host The Go Rounds
- A tribute to John Porter
- Photo: New roof for Rio Grande hotel
- Dolores board gets a lesson on conflict of interest
- Concerts planned in Rico, Dolores
The Mancos Middle School Destination Imagination team is headed to state finals in Denver next month.
Teams of up to seven students solve a critical-thinking challenge...
- Willowtail Springs gives artists solitude, inspiration in Mancos
- Mancos heats up the town with annual Melt
- Mancos Days festival will honor service members
- Fabric artist Sizelove-Murphy joins Artisans of Mancos
- Mancos library March events
Conquistador Golf Course in Cortez is adding a private access point in an effort to regulate neighbors’ use of the golf cart paths.
At the city Golf Advisory...
- M-CHS drama department presents ‘Once Upon A Mattress’
- Hospital Provider Fee bill killed in favor of new effort at Colorado Capitol
- Photo: Montezuma-Cortez drama department wraps up ‘Mattress’
- Arrest of student spurs Fort Lewis College march
- 3 dead after pickup driven by Durango teen slams into stopped vehicle
State Nation and World
For The Journal
Southwest Colorado Community College will host a spring job fair on Tuesday, April 11, from 9 a.m. to noon at the SCCC West Campus, 33057 U.S. Highway...
- Cortez Middle School Honor Roll Quarter 3, 2016-2017
- Free concert at Cortez library on Friday
- Brendan Leonard visits Cortez library March 15
- Turn off the TV while your children are around
- Cortez Destination Imagination teams headed to state finals
Mia Stovall has worked with herding dogs since getting a start in 4-H at age 14, and this year she shared on some of her knowledge at the 2017 Four States Agricultural...
- Annual weed symposium held at Four States Ag Expo
- Hemp study for animal feed heads to Colorado governor
- Arizona geologist publishes book about Montezuma dryland farming
- CSU agents lead budget workshop for farmers in Cortez
- Photo: Learning to prune apple orchard
More than 100 people gathered at the Henry Strater Theatre in Durango on March 16 to celebrate the 2017 Nightingale Luminary and STAR nursing awards. The Southwestern Colorado...
- Full-time physical therapist joins Southwest Memorial team
- Surgeon announces departure from Southwest Memorial Hospital
- Vantiv, with Durango office, named nation’s top payment processor
- Cortez Hampton gets excellence award
- Steven Elias selected to be Fort Lewis College business dean
As the Montezuma-Cortez School District...